Why should I use a professional commercial property management agent?
11 April 2017
Many commercial landlords feel that they can manage their property portfolio themselves, blind of the hurdles and problems they could be faced with. Using a professional commercial property management agent frees up your time dealing with time consuming issues and enables you to focus more on your core business and investments. Robinson & Hall’s commercial property management service also ensures that your income is being maximised due to our professional advice and market knowledge and that all regulations and obligations are met.
At Robinson & Hall, we have experience dealing with a range of commercial landlords and properties, from rural offices and industrial units to entire business parks. Our property management packages can be tailored to suit your needs but as a guide we offer the following services:
- Rent collection – we will do our utmost to ensure the tenant pays the correct amount on time.
- Rent arrears collection – if the tenant doesn’t pay then we will chase them for you, offer appropriate advice and seek legal advice on your behalf where necessary.
- Service charge apportionment – if you charge a service charge, e.g. for grounds maintenance or waste collection, we apportion the costs and charge the tenant accordingly.
- Organise and oversee minor works – we will always seek approval from you before carrying out any minor works but we will deal with the tenant and use one of our reputable contractors to carry out the work for you.
- Organise any refurbishment or upgrade work – if the property is in need of any refurbishments or upgrades, then we can organise this for you.
- Rent reviews – we review the rents in accordance with the tenancy agreements and offer our guidance if we feel changes need to be made.
- Lease renewals – we will negotiate lease renewals on your behalf to ensure that you are receiving the best rent possible and we will ensure that everything is correctly documented and recorded.
- New lettings of vacant properties – we will find you new tenants and carry out the necessary checks.
- Quarterly reporting – this can be bespoke to your needs but usually provides a detailed update with regard to rent, repairs and any arrears.
- Regular meetings – we will organise regular meetings with you to provide a personal service.
We have been working with some of our commercial landlords for generations and are constantly seeking to maximise our clients’ assets.
If you would like more information about how Robinson & Hall can help you, or to sign up to our commercial property management service, please contact Verity Butler.
Back to articles