Many new and existing landlords query why they need to use a professional letting agent and often attempt to ‘go it alone’ and soon realise why using a letting agent is hugely important.
To ensure that you don’t make the same mistake, we have listed below the key reasons why using a letting agent is so imperative.
1. We have a range of property knowledge – we manage one to ten bedroom properties so are likely to have in-depth knowledge of your property should any issues arise.
2. We have 24/7 access to contractors in case of emergencies – our reputable contractors are on hand to fix any issues.
3. We are always up to date with legal requirements – we are the first to hear about changes to rules and regulations and will make sure everything is legally compliant.
4. We provide constant property and tenant assistance – you don’t have to worry about the leak on Christmas day or the electric fault at 11pm on a Saturday night – we will deal with all issues on your behalf.
5. We will take care of all tenant issues so you don’t have to – tenants often like to blame problems on their landlord, however we will deal with all issues without you even having to get involved and make sure they are resolved quickly and efficiently.
6. We have a range of in-house departments – which gives us instant access to any property services you may require, such as building surveyors.
7. We provide maintenance and development programmes to improve your profit – this involves carrying out inspections and planning upgrades which is then reflected in the rent and property value. If there are any other opportunities you should be aware of e.g grants, planning etc we will discuss this with you.
8. Are you looking to expand your portfolio? We provide portfolio budget planning which helps improve rents and the market value of the property.
9. We provide debtors management – this involves chasing unpaid rent from tenants and if necessary involving solicitors.
10. We provide a single point of contact ( including out of hours ) so queries or concerns can be promptly addressed.
As one of the leading letting agents covering Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, we have been providing letting services for over 130 years and currently manage a portfolio of nearly 400 properties.
If letting a property is completely new to you then we have also created an online guide to lettings which can be found here.
If you would like to find out more about the range of services we provide or to book a free market appraisal of your property, please call Kellie Marsh, Residential Lettings Manager.
Call or email Kellie Marsh on
01234 362937Back to articles