Whether you are a first time landlord or have a portfolio of property, we thought it would be helpful to list key considerations when choosing your letting agent.
1. Choose a local letting agent – it makes sense to choose an agent in the same location as the property as they should have plenty of tenants registered looking for a property just like yours.
2. Let only v property management? – look through the agent’s offering and ensure it matches your expectations. We offer a tailor made service to suit our landlords’ requirements.
3. Understand the fees – make sure you are aware of all charges and that there are no hidden fees. Our fees are listed on our website in the lettings section under ‘Fees and Charges’.
4. Make sure they are regulated – this ensures that they are reputable and fair as they have to work to a certain standard. We are regulated by Propertymark and RICS.
5. Do they offer a good marketing package? It is important that they advertise on the major property portals, such as Rightmove and have an eyecatching website which will show your property in its best light. We do!
6. Ask around. It is worth asking family and friends for recommendations. At Robinson & Hall 80% of work comes from repeat business and referrals.
7. If they are managing your property, will they deal with ALL issues at any time? Make sure their property management package is clear and that your tenants will have a dedicated Property Manager who they can call 24/7. We do.
8. Book a free market appraisal, meet them and determine whether they are the right agent for you.
If you would like further advice and information about our residential lettings services then please call Kellie.Back to articles