Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am until 5.30pm
Department/Section: Planning & Development
Reports to (Job Title): Partner & Head of Planning & Development
Salary: Competitive package and mileage allowance.
Excellent progression opportunities for the right person with drive and ambition
Main purpose of job:
Working in the busy Planning & Development department at Robinson & Hall, you will offer our clients assistance throughout the whole planning and development process and be responsible for the preparation and submission of a wide variety of planning applications. You will also deal with submission of appeals to the Planning Inspectorate and assist the Head of Planning & Development with an extensive and varied workload.
Project types include residential, commercial, mixed-use, rural and change of use and range from single plots to large urban extensions. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of schemes and be given autonomy to see projects through to a successful conclusion.
- Preparation and submission of planning applications and appeals
- Submission of representations relating to Local Plans
- Preparation of Design & Access Statements/Planning Statements
- Advising clients on the planning potential of sites
- Management of small-medium scale projects
- Liaising with consultants in obtaining specialist reports to support planning applications
- Promotion of sites
- Development appraisals
- Strategic Land
- Commercial approach
- 2 to 5 years’ planning experience
- MRTPI qualified
- Private consultancy or local authority background preferred
- Good understanding of the development process and planning legislation
- Ambitious, driven by success and persistent.
- Confident with client liaison, attending planning meetings and appraisals
- Ability to work in a team but also independently
- Ability to network with potential clients/referrers
- Driving licence and own car is essential
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Estelle Southam, Secretary of the Planning & Development department at email@example.com