Party Wall Advice

Land and Property Professionals

We sell, rent, manage, survey, plan and advise...what can we do for you?

Bedford: 01234 351000 (Sales, lettings and viewing enquiries)
01234 352201 (Professional services and general enquiries)
Buckingham: 01280 428010

We specialise in advising and resolving disputes arising under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, and hold extensive experience within the industry, so when you choose us as your party wall surveyors, you can rest assured that we will take care of all the procedures under the Act.

We cover three specific types of work including; 

  • Alterations to party walls
  • Construction of new walls on the boundary
  • Excavation close to neighbouring properties

The Act covers both domestic and commercial premises which are often overlooked by owners planning to extend or alter their property; however, obtaining expert advice is essential prior to commencement.

The procedures under the Act include: notifying neighbours of the intention to carry out the work, and seeking agreement to ensure that any relevant works are carried out appropriately.

Where a dispute exists between neighbouring owners, a Party Wall Award is produced and served to both parties. The award covers the manner in which the work is carried out, and includes a Schedule of Condition recording the current status of the adjoining property, prior to commencement of building works.

However large or small, if you are undertaking a building project, it is essential you consider whether the works will fall under the Act. As party wall surveyors, we can offer our expert advice, whether you are the building owner or adjoining owner.       

Contact us today and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.